Over the past year, the EasyBib team has been working diligently on a new product. Given our expertise in educational tools and our history with providing valuable resources to educators, we knew the next product had to be beneficial for both students and educators.
After months of planning, programming and revising, we are excited to announce the release of ResearchReady, a cloud-based online learning platform designed to teach fundamental research and information literacy skills.
Recent data confirms what many librarians, teachers, professors, and administrators already know: students lack the skills to conduct effective scholarly research, teachers focus more on source evaluation, and librarians play a key role in all of it:
- Students are just as likely to use less-than-authoritative sites (e.g., user-generated websites, cheat sites) as credible sources.1
- A Pew Internet report found that the “vast majority of…teachers say a top priority in today’s classrooms should be teaching students how to ‘judge the quality of online information.'”2
- Full-time, certified librarians have a positive influence on student achievement with state assessments.3
The challenges involved with information literacy and research instruction are all too apparent to librarians, teachers and professors. Time constraints and limited budgets can make it difficult to develop a thorough research instruction curriculum. Our engaging, ready-to-use content can also easily be customized by librarians and teachers to meet classroom needs.
That’s where ResearchReady can help.
1. It’s “Future-Proof”
- Updated and reviewed periodically by experienced librarians, i.e. up-to-date links and resources
- Based in the cloud, it can be accessed from any device (even tablets)
- Help students effectively navigate and parse information in a digital world
2. It’s Ready-Made & Convenient
- The comprehensive curriculum is ready-made and can be used right away
- Flexible customization allows educators to tailor lessons and assessments
- Students can work at their own pace from home, freeing up classroom time to nurture research skills
3. It’s Fun & Interactive
- We’ve developed an engaging storyline to provide context and keep students focused
- Animated videos make learning educational and entertaining
- Embedded videos, websites, and audio allow students to apply skills across different media
4. It’s Beneficial for Students
- Prepare students for successful academic and professional careers (studies show recent grads often solve problems in the quickest–but not necessarily effective–way in the workforce)
- ResearchReady has been aligned with Common Core, ACRL, AASL and ISTE standards.
Learn More About ResearchReady!
If you’d like to learn more about how ResearchReady can improve instruction, save time, and bring fundamental research skills to your students, register for a one-on-one webinar:
ResearchReady was built by the EasyBib team, but not without your help! We conferred with many librarians and educators throughout the development of ResearchReady and are ecstatic to finally share the product with you.
Emily Gover is the in-house librarian for EasyBib and ResearchReady. She is counting down the days until “Sherlock” season three begins filming. You can find her on Twitter, @Emily_EasyBib, or posting news you can use at the EasyBib Librarians Facebook page.